Monday, April 13, 2015

% D bloggers like this:


Yeah ... I had hoped that the debate around my pseudonymity could calm down now and I could go back to focusing on my articles, but fate (here represented by VG Anders Giæver) decided otherwise.
I had to write a longer equivalent here, but found that I really got covered most of my Twitter thread to Giæver, so you can really only read it. (Click on each tweet to see the images, 20 min which are often necessary to understand the context.)
Doremus is absolutely ridiculous coward I dauer says:
Pseudonymity - yes there you are bold Newspeak. Here's an idea, what with not being so damn coward, but to stand up with your full name when you write in the national media. Alternatively just stop, it's not like you're bringing something new to the table.
As long as one comes with factual arguments and sources that I have absolutely no problem with using pseudonyms. If the blog had driven with flaming had it been otherwise, but I think this page is well within the limits of what can be problematic.
Having said that I support Doremus completely, and think it's an important job to keep the media accountable 20 min for what they say, then I must say that the fight may seem a bit hopeless. I have the impression that most news articles distorts the truth, and within those fields I can well so I find something wrong in almost all articles. I have on occasion emailed 20 min journalist to point out mistakes, but have recently considered it a waste of time.
There are certainly some who have mentioned this earlier, but I was aware of this blog first yesterday (I do not live in Norway), the respected newspaper (which they insist on calling themselves), "The Economist", ensures that all articles are written 20 min without byline - outside the permanent sapltistene, which uses ... pseudonyms. Mostly it is just journalists who take pseudonymiet heavily: this is probably the only profession that has the opportunity to use their everyday work to build itself as a brand.
Connecting to% s
Search Search Latest Posts Nine out of ten statistics provide inaccurate information GameOfThronesAnmeldelseMal.txt Failing managerial expertise Today poems April 9: Captain Welding Interview with me in Day and Time Unarmed opposition Twitteruke 14 summarized Dangerous, dangerous, dangerous Twitteruke 11 summarized 20 min Twitteruke 13 summarized Archive April 2015 (8) March 2015 (19) February 2015 (16) January 2015 (12) December 20 min 2014 (15) November 2014 (20) October 2014 (13) September 2014 (14) August 2014 (13) July 2014 (8) June 2014 (2) May 2014 (3) April 2014 (11) March 2014 (4) February 2014 (8) January 2014 (10) December 2013 (12) November 2013 (3) October 2013 (9) September 2013 (16) August 2013 (15) July 2013 (12) February 2013 (1) Most read Nine out of ten statistics provide inaccurate information GameOfThronesAnmeldelseMal.txt FpU-computation is not like other calculations Reply to Peter Frølich about politibevæpning About Doremus Interview with me in Day and Time Latest comments on Peter GameOfThronesAnmeldelseMal.txt Anonymous on Interview with me in Day and ... Konrad with sledgehammer on Dangerous, dangerous, dangerous Doremus on Dangerous, dangerous, dangerous Konrad with sledgehammer on Dangerous, dangerous, dangerous Unarmed opposition ... on Reply to Peter Frølich about ... VG (vgnett) on Dangerous, dangerous, dangerous CNSBlogger on Dangerous, 20 min dangerous, dangerous hjsdfsdfjøasd on Question to readers Categories Recommendations (21) Blog Administration (8) Today's frustration 20 min (22) Today's conspiracy theory (2) Quote of the day (61) Humor and satire (17) Arts & Entertainment (5) Lists (2) Media (86) Words and languages (2) Politics and Society (137) Sports 20 min (16) Uncategorized (5) other among (8) Blogroll (...) Saksynt One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Konrad think tank Kjetil Hope Winther indregard.no/ Karsten EIG Coffee and squared paper Øyvind Strømmen Kenneths Thought Basket My latest tweets My Tweets Meta Register Log in Entries RSS Comments RSS WordPress.com
% D bloggers like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment