Friday, October 4, 2013

American Sign Language, or ASL and English were the languages of communication at my school. I kne


Sat on a plane and saw the large rocky mountains roundish window. Nervous, heart pounding english to spanish translation and my hands hikosivat. I could not believe that I am vihdonkin there, where I had been dreaming of my entire youth. However, at the same time I wondered what I was properly taken and endure all that .. I had just turned 17 the day before (which was also my last day in Finland ...) and starting an exchange student years at the colorful Colorado. I traveled the unknown point - I did not know who would come to see what you would do and what would be the host family, the people with whom I lived. I was going to a foreign country for quite alone, without the support networks of family and friends.
An exchange year is something that money can not be measured. Independent and grew up in the psychologically during that year and I got a lot of outrageous experiences. I went to seven different states during that year, twice in Washington, DC, and I went to Gallaudet, the world's only university for the deaf. My English improved very noticing, and I learned American Sign Language. I'm of the school's volleyball team and koriksen, and I was not a member of the quiz team. I represented our school Academic Bowl which means the Finnish competition english to spanish translation information. We were in the seventh series of 79 teams. I talked small talk, I learned to smile a Yankee, I went to an American football games, english to spanish translation as well as the NHL and NBA games. Participated in the Homecomingiin and Promiin, which are balls.
I went to the school for the deaf, which is called the Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind, or abbreviated CSDB. There was both deaf and blind students from pre-school english to spanish translation up to high school. My school campus was really big and really old buildings. At first I thought that was koulurakennukseni chateau style. In high school, was barely 40 students, which is quite a bit compared to other American deaf high schools.
American Sign Language, or ASL and English were the languages of communication at my school. I knew at the beginning of English quite moderate, but I do not osanut ASL AA. Solver of the weeks went to some humussa and always fell asleep soon after getting into bed. I was tired all the time, it was difficult to understand the other. In the beginning I understood very little of what people were talking about me and did not understand the international sign language. But yes, it is quite inadvertently learns the language, as long as the self is active english to spanish translation and wants to learn. I would say that any language can be learned, if you have the will power.
The American school system is different english to spanish translation from the Finnish quite a lot. There's a lot more choice of courses - in contrast to Finland. All sports teams are in school and learning english to spanish translation also affects the sport and the other way around. The tests were multiple choice, and book was used to help in some subjects, or to make friends with. Between classes was only five minutes to change classes, in which case, of course, I was always at the beginning of time. I got used to that, the bathroom is only accessible at lunchtime.
The school was really a lot of rules, among others. dress code. Hanging out with my friends really just a school. Practice and all of the games are just for socialization. I actually met much my friends outside english to spanish translation of school. Schools sometimes I felt that I was treated as 7-year-old, even though english to spanish translation I was really 17 We do not have much to decide our affairs of the school english to spanish translation and there was a lot of rules that had to be followed. I did not appreciate the independence of Finland, english to spanish translation before I learned what it is like elsewhere.
The United States is quite a different culture and people are very helpful and happy. A trade seller asks you how you're doing. Almost any American whom I met, had not traveled outside North America. Some had not even been outside of Colorado. America is such a big country, the country itself is enough really much to see. Each state is like its own country, for example, that the state of people have different accents. english to spanish translation At the end I did not want to go back to Finland. I stayed where I was. I had built a new life there, english to spanish translation and then I just had to get out. But, however, I also have a life in Finland, so nice to come back to Finland after all, because I missed all my friends and my family. However, too soon to return loomed, always closer to the day when I woke up on his own jenkkivuoteestani. However, I knew that I would return one day to America. As my best friend said when we saw the last time: "This is not a goodbye, it's just a byebye." (= This is not goodbye, it's just a good-bye.), I have a plan to go there to visit within a year.
Finland's return was a little strange, but wonderful at the same time. There was my family and some of my friends against me and I felt like I could see illusions. When I woke up in the morning on their own Finnish my bed, America seemed only to a wonderful like a dream where someone had to yank me awake. I felt like I did not o

No comments:

Post a Comment