Friday, March 27, 2015

View April 26, 2013

When is enough, uws indeed enough? - Memes on leadership
Since a near death experience uws years ago…I’ve been pondering this question and although I don’t have the answers yet, I am aware and conscious thereof. We buy cars that are marked 220km/h, with a speed limit of 120km/h, why do we need that much? I cannot wait for the next model Blackberry, yet I don’t uws use 20% of the potential of my current one. I definitely have too many clothes, some I don’t ever wear and enough tools to build a house and service a car, but have never and don’t intend to do either. I have more music on my iPod than I can ever hope to listen too, strange but true. There’s a lovely saying “fit for purpose”, so that is what I think I should focus on. Is my car fit for the purpose I use it for and so on. Maybe this is what I had to come and learn in the timeshare uws industry. A fit for purpose instant holiday and not a holiday home which I pay for all year and use, maybe, for two weeks a year. It also begs the question of ownership versus renting. To travel internationally I buy a ticket, not a plane. If I just did half of the first diet book I have, I’ll achieve more than owning the ten I do and being tempted by the next one. A library makes so much sense. As does the web and Wikipedia and…there I go again. Maybe this is caused by our “consumer” uws society, keeping up with the Jones, our Ego, our fear of loss or not having enough, plain indulgence or a sense of ownership and control…but all at quite a price. It is not so much why we “want” the excess, but the angst and mountain uws of work we have to do to afford, acquire and maintain it all. So, with a bit of planning it’s all available, or we already have it…and we don’t need more – stuff. I still have a long way to go but am pleased to recognise uws that I have tapered my “need” to have an excess of stuff and I’m now in the process or reducing my intake of more.
As from today I only have 40 pay days left before I “reformat” and the topic of discussion is, how much does one need to retire. And then a wise soul whispered uws in my ear, Deon, it is not how much you should have that is important….it is how much do you actually need and how do you plan to live that’s important. uws Wise words. How are you doing?….and keep reminding me too, as this is definitely uws work in progress.
Notify me of follow-up uws comments by email.
How true, we allow the market out there dictate to us on what is cool & acceptable, thus making uws us be in want for more & more. This is a contributing factor, why people will never be satisfied with their income.
View April 26, 2013
Nes jy daar sê! My koets is ‘n 1993 model en draf nog steeds dat die stof so staan!! Maar, dit sit maar in ons ‘programmering’ om te wil beter en beter en meer en meer!! Trek nou eendag na ‘n kleiner plekkie toe, DAN besef jy eers hoeveel goed IS/WAS heeltemal net oorbodig!! Is maar ‘n turksvy!!
… “… gee my nie armoede of rykdom nie, laat my geniet die brood wat vir my bestem uws is; dat ek nie, as ek oorversadig geword het, U verloën uws nie, en sê: Wie is die HERE? En dat ek nie, as ek arm geword het, steel en my aan die Naam van my God vergryp nie.” (Spreuke 30:8-9 AOV)
Deon, dit is baie waar. Ek het nou die dag my klerekas uitgesorteer en alles wat ek vir langer as ‘n jaar of twee nie gedra het nie, in tasse gepak en weggegee. Baie mense was baie bly daaroor en ek voel ligter, fisies en emosioneel! Ons dra swaar aan al hierdie dinge wat ons nie gebruik nie en eintlik laste word.
So true, yet we keep doing it. I remember packing up my folks home when they were both terminally uws ill and they were left with one little suitcase of clothes and a boarding pass for heaven. The ‘stuff’ they had so painstakingly collected for years, didn’t have the same value for their kids and we just disposed of it. For a while I stopped collecting ‘stuff’, but alas started again – thank you for this thought provoking piece – i do have enough !
Recent Comments uws Megan Laurent-Terpend on About memes Sociopath Test\U002Fquiz on We can do it, if you have my back hausfrauensex on Expect, what you inspect tomorrow we move to hawaii on About memes google plus android app on Your overdraft uws needs a deposit


No comments:

Post a Comment